First Year Fall Semester Jury Report: COMORO

The last two weeks of the fall term was the busiest weeks I have ever been through. The project we were working on had seven steps and each had connection with the previous one. I keep saying this,  but yes, this is how it is. I struggled in the first stages of the COMORO (the name of the project and I also did mention that in my previous posts), but after a while I got used to it. I thought I would be calm along the jury, and I was actually calm till I found out that I was the second person to be on the stage. I guess I am the few people how enjoys the juries and delighted to present what has been done all term, because juries sometimes can become a nightmare.

In the jury, I presented the third, fourth and the sixth models, and I was also suppose to present a poster. Before preparing my poster, I made the clean ones of each models. I wanted every thing to be perfect, but unfortunately the poster wasn’t satisficer. And in the poster, I only pointed out the main ideas of the stages, so it would be easier for the ones who were analysing the project to catch what I focused on. The tactic I used in the poster was discussed a lot by the jury members. My poster had lots of critics and the reason for this was because it was only explaining the strategies, they stated that there was no more than strategies.

My last model took the major role in the jury: the sixth one. We were free to choose the previous model that we would like to take as reference and I decided to study my fourth model which we were introduced to “tear and fold” operation. The purpose of me choosing the 4th model as my guide is because it was rich with relation and also applying them with different operations was possible. The distance between the planes and their relations were important for me. By the way, for the distance relation I studied in the model,  there wasn’t any necessity of physical touch. The distance between planes was studied here by controling the relation of the size of the plane and the distance. What is meant is that if there is a small plane, there shouldn’t be a big distance between the two planes; because if there is, it will weaken the relation. I had three main elements which was pointing to three different directions, and designed my model according to this principle. Other then that, I used three different sized units, my purpose here was to create distinction. All the units I have used was placed around the three main elements. Those three planes have taken the roll of being the construction of a building.

The third and the fourth stages are also very interesting. Refering to the previous model was essential again for these, but in different manners. For the third model, we focused on the diagram of the previous model and we used the same diagram. My aim again was to have main elements and place the rest of the units around them. For the fourth model, we were gonna create a general diagram of the third model. I simplified the diagram of the third model as much as I can and created a new one by reading it again. Working with the same strategy wasn’t a necessity since the meaning of a general diagram can vary, therefore I changed my strategy according to the new diagram produced by refering to the general diagram of the third model. Having one main element was replaced with having a complex core.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s